March 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Hello,


I've found another Top Ten Tuesday I can, somewhat, accomplish.
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for creating this meme.
When working on this list I realized that I really need to read the classics.  So, this list is short.  Sadly, I didn't make it to 10.
Here are my Top Dynamic Duos:


1.  Harry, Hermione, & Ron
From JK Rowling's Harry Potter series
Yes, I'm aware that duo means two, but I think we can all overlook that because it's Harry Potter. Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart.  I love rereading them.
We can all agree that these characters have had their disagreements, but they always looked out for each other.  They would have died for one another.


2.  Frodo & Sam
From JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series
I haven't read The Lord of the Rings.  Please don't yell at me.  I will read them!
Based on the films Frodo and Sam build an incredible bond.  I still hate watching when Frodo turns on Sam.  However, Sam never gave up on his best friend, and that made the story even better.


3.  Taylor Swift & Music
Whoever gave that girl a microphone is a genius.

4.  Percy & Annabeth
From Percy Jackson
The son of Poseidon and daughter of Athena should have been mortal (or immortal, haha) enemies.  They certainly had there unfriendly moments, but I loved seeing their friendship grow.  You couldn't tell what Annabeth was thinking, because she wasn't only loyal to Percy.  In fact, they barely trusted one another for the longest time.  It was wonderful seeing it turn around.

5.  Irial & Niall
From Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series
It's strongly eluded that these two had a romantic relationship.  However, I'm blind and didn't realize this until the fifth and final book.  Whether Irial and Niall are romantically involved or otherwise they make an unstoppable pair.  They had a long history, and even found a way back to each other after a fallout that lasted centuries

6.  Benson & Stabler
From Law & Order SVU
I love this show, and I have no idea what that says about my personality.
Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler are partners working with Manhattan SVU.  They've known one another for years.  They've saved each other's lives.  They've wanted to kill the other person.  They've covered each other's butts.  They're one of my favourite duos to watch.


7.  Ross & Rachel
From Friends
I shouldn't even have to explain this one.
Ross loved Rachel for years, but the timing was never right, or one of them did something very stupid.  You loved them when they were together, and you loved them apart.  I, personally, loved how they ended up.


8.  Miley Cyrus & Hannah Montana
From Hannah Montana
Same girl.  Two worlds.  The only difference is her colour of hair.  I haven't found two sides of one person displayed so obviously.  I'm a fan of the catchy tunes, and it's perfect for kids too.  When you're older you can understand the themes of the show.


Song of the day:  Blah Blah Blah by Ke$ha


PS:  Did YOU see Glee?


Love,
Terri

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE GLEE!!! (Benson and Stabler...FTW!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know 1 and of course 8!


    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with 1 and 2! Although I could probably make an entire list of HP related dynamic duos haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha -- Taylor Swift & Music -- love it!

    ReplyDelete